The NWTHC supports training and apprenticeship partnerships to assist community residents in developing the needed skills in building trades and maintenance.
The NWTHC has increased its target for LHO apprenticeship partnerships from 10 to 15 positions. Total funding for the program is $733,000. The program has assisted nine individuals to become Journey Certified since 2007.
In addition to apprenticeship funding, the NWTHC partners with other agencies from time to time to provide new construction, renovation, and other project experiences.
Nine LHO apprentices have become Journey Certified since 2007:
- Aklavik - Housing Maintenance Serviceman
- Ft Simpson (2) - Oil Burner Mechanic, Carpenter
- Ft Smith - Plumber
- Behchoko – Plumber
- Deline - Housing Maintenance Serviceman
- Tulita - Housing Maintenance Serviceman
- Fort Good Hope - Housing Maintenance Serviceman
- Tsiigehtchic Housing – Housing Maintenance Serviceman